Monday, June 4, 2012

The Best Cream Cheese Frosting


Happy birthday to my sweet husband! Age agrees with you. Personally, I think it is due to all the cupcakes I force you to sample until I get the frosting recipes right.  



The recipe is really easy, and kind of messy.


Since it was such a special occasion, I even got out the piping materials. They looked pretty until we jammed mini Reese's peanut butter cups into them. :)


Recipe: (literally takes 5 minutes or less)

  • 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature
  • 8 oz of Philly cream cheese (1 package), room temperature
  • 2 - 3 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

  1. In an electric mixer, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Tip: I put my metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes before starting this - helps to keep temperature controlled.
  2. Add powdered sugar little by little, taking care to periodically scrape the sides of the bowl down. Keep adding until sugar is at desired sweetness and consistency.
  3. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly. This is also the time to add color, if desired.
  4. Apply with spatula or piping bag.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment