Saturday, August 13, 2011

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie


I don't make these so much anymore, because I want to eat them all, but when I'm in the mood for fresh cookies, this is my "go to" recipe. Try it - its very adaptable to your own favorite ingredients too! Ps - these turn out pretty soft and chewy. If you're looking for crispier cookies, this is probably not the recipe you want.

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick)
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 bag semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli brand because that's what I had laying around)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Prepare 2 cookie sheets. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.

Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until the mixture is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chunks using a spatula.

To form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough for each cookie. I was able to fit 12 per pan. Bake for 15 minutes for chewy cookies.

Allow the cookies to cool before consuming - although this is easier said than done!


1 comment:

  1. Pretty amazing cookies! I made a few modifications:
    1. I used Sugar in the Raw instead of white sugar
    2. I only used 1/4 cup of cooking oil.

    Very easy to make and they taste heavenly.

    ReplyDelete