Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sausage Bowtie Pasta


Up until a year ago or so, you couldn't have paid me to eat smoked sausage. Then one day, I visited my mom as she cooked limitless amounts of smoked sausage for a huge breakfast. It smelled heavenly, so I stole a small bit out of the pan. Then another. Just one more. Now I love it! I love it so much that I've found a way to work it into a dinner treat.

I start by chopping the smoked sausage into thin discs and cooking it in a skillet until the edges and sides caramelize. Then I add not-quite-perfectly-done bowtie pasta, a cup or so of pasta cooking liquid, a little chicken stock, a little white wine, some frozen peas and corn, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flake. Reduce until the pasta is tender and the liquid becomes a sauce. Its a great, quick weeknight meal!

1 comment:

  1. You don't "chop" anything "thin" - you slice it. And looking at the thickness you cut the sausage into, I personally wouldn't call them thin. You do like eating smoked sausage!

    ReplyDelete