Forgive the hiatus, the past 2 weeks have been extremely busy, and I haven't had a chance to cook or blog much.
This is up there with the top three favorite things my mom ever taught me to cook. They're easy, they're cheap, and they're a crowd pleaser. Here's how:
- 1 net bag of baby golden potatoes (or regular yukon gold, 3-4 large)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 sprig of fresh dill
- Cut potatoes so that they are all the same size; roughly 3/4". Put in microwave safe bowl, and cover with water. Cook on high for 11-12 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- In large skillet, melt oil and butter together on medium heat. Add garlic.
- Drain potatoes and add to pan. Add salt and pepper.
- Toss occasionally. When potatoes are fork tender, and golden brown, remove from heat. Toss potatoes with dill, and serve.